Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default why is there no excel11.xlb file when I perform a search?

I am working on my brothers machine and i suspect something is wrong wioth
his excel 11.xlb file. I looked for it by searching for all hidden files and
folders and none was found. I opened outlook with the impression that a new
one would be created upon entering excel but that is not the case. Anyone
have any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This file isn't like MSWord's Normal.dot.

excel11.xlb will only get created if the user makes a change to a toolbar. So
you may want to make a small change and then close excel and then look for
*.xlb.

And remember to look in system folders for hidden files, too.

With WinXP Home, my Excel11.xlb was found he
C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I did a file through the system folders that were hidden and found nothing. I
was under the impression that if you blew away an excel11.xlb file it would
automatically create a new one on startup of excel.