Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AlistairM

Default Turning a text file name into a search and linking the file as a hyperlink

Can anyone help with a Macro?? I Have a large list of file names
(16000) in excel and need to create a hyperlink link to the actual
files stored in a variety of subfolders to facilitate a search on the
list and the hyperlink clicked to access the file. At the moment I need
to identify what I need on the list and then do a search for each file
required in the subfolders which takes ages. I could link the files
individually but this is only reference data and I that would take
about as long as it would to find the files by searching individually,
any help appriciated, even if its just to tell me it's more hassle than
it's worth!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...MakeHyperlinks

You may have to look around the page a little if that is not exactly
what you mean.
---
HTH,