Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to perform Search and Replace on "Tilde", CHAR(126), ~

Hello

I am using Excel 2003.

It appears that Excel's search and replace function is ignoring the
tilde (~) character. I am simply trying to delete every instance,
within any character string or a single ~. I have tried the Search and
Replace function to no avail. The Substitute (=SUBSTITUTE(tilde,"~","",
1)) function works, but is at the single cell level or array level,
not the entire sheet or workbook. The CHAR(126) does return a ~.

Thank You,
Sean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use two of them.

* and ? are can be used for wildcards.

To actually find the asterisk and question mark, you use ~* and ~?.

And so to tell excel that you want to find ~ (not treat ~ as an "escape"
character for * or ?), you use two:

~~

--

Dave Peterson