Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Contents of Excel11.xlb

Hello All,

Does anybody know what the contents of the file "Excel11.xlb" are?

We have customers that create reports using Excel, and it works for some
time, and suddenly they stop working. At that point, the Excel11.xlb file
has jumped in size from 1.5kB to 40kB. Replacing this file with the original
(or from another user's directory) allows the reports to execute again, until
the cycle repeats.

Thanks,
pagates
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi pagates

This is standard reply I use:

Maybe you have a corrupt or bloated xlb file *normal* size is < 30 kb.
The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it.

1. Close Excel
2. Do a search for .xlb in Windows (Use: search hidden files and folders)
3. Rename or delete the .xlb file or files (In 2002 the name = Excel10.xlb)
4. Start Excel

Deleting the file or renaming will do no harm on your system
Excel will create a new one for you.
(You lost your customization remember that)

If you make your own toolbars or add buttons to the others
this file is important (backup it so you can restore it)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"pagates" wrote in message ...
Hello All,

Does anybody know what the contents of the file "Excel11.xlb" are?

We have customers that create reports using Excel, and it works for some
time, and suddenly they stop working. At that point, the Excel11.xlb file
has jumped in size from 1.5kB to 40kB. Replacing this file with the original
(or from another user's directory) allows the reports to execute again, until
the cycle repeats.

Thanks,
pagates

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is the toolbar customisation file and corrupts fairly easily, you can
just delete it and Excel will create a new one. All customisations by the
user will be gone however

--
HTH
Nick Hodge