Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Manual Calculation

I have a large file File01 that takes about 10 seconds to calculate. It is
sometimes on Automatic Calculation. I have another file File02 that I want
to open and on File02's Auto_Open I set Application.Calculation = xlManual.
But when the file File02 opens the system recalculates when I thought because
I did the Application.Calculation = xlManual that this would stop it and go
immediately to Manual. Basically when I open File02 I want to go to Manual
Calc and do not want File01 to calculate.

Thank you,

Steven
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, the code doesn't execute until after the calculation occurs. You would
need a file03 in the auto_open, sets the calculation mode, then opens file02
and closes itself.

Tom Ogilvy