Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Manual Calculation

I am experiencing a problem with my Excel formula options. I opened a
workbook that was set to manual calculation. I went into formula's , changed
it to Automatic, went into Excel options and made sure it was set to
automatic. Then saved the file, and exited Excel. I then opened the same
workbook back up and it was back to manual calculation. Why won't Excel
retain my calculation settings?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Excel takes this setting from the first workbook opened in a session. This setting applies to all open workbooks in a session, no
matter what their original setting was.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"TeresaD" wrote in message ...
|I am experiencing a problem with my Excel formula options. I opened a
| workbook that was set to manual calculation. I went into formula's , changed
| it to Automatic, went into Excel options and made sure it was set to
| automatic. Then saved the file, and exited Excel. I then opened the same
| workbook back up and it was back to manual calculation. Why won't Excel
| retain my calculation settings?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I know, I completely exited Excel and I made sure that the file I saved as
Automatic Calculation was the first file I opened when I got back into Excel,
and it still opened in Manual Calculation.

"TeresaD" wrote in message ...
|I am experiencing a problem with my Excel formula options. I opened a
| workbook that was set to manual calculation. I went into formula's , changed
| it to Automatic, went into Excel options and made sure it was set to
| automatic. Then saved the file, and exited Excel. I then opened the same
| workbook back up and it was back to manual calculation. Why won't Excel
| retain my calculation settings?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Maybe there's a Workbook_Open event that is setting the calculation
mode to manual?

--JP

On Jan 28, 10:32*am, TeresaD
wrote:
I know, I completely exited Excel and I made sure that the file I saved as
Automatic Calculation was the first file I opened when I got back into Excel,
and it still opened in Manual Calculation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Ugh, sorry can't help you there. I am using XL 2003.

Can you press Alt-F11 to access the VB Editor and check the
"ThisWorkbook" module for that workbook to see if there is any code
there? It would look like this:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

HTH,
JP

wrote:
I know, I completely exited Excel and I made sure that the file I saved as
Automatic Calculation was the first file I opened when I got back into Excel,
and it still opened in Manual Calculation.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Glad to hear it!

--JP