Hmmmm

Default Manual calculation does not work

I have a rather large Excel file of approx 26 Mb.
It contains around 150 worksheets which are all filled with formulas
(if-formulas, sumif-formulas, lookups and so on). Because of the scale of the
file I have selected manual calculation (F9) under Tools/options/calculation,
so it is easier to work with.
I have from time to time experienced that Excel does not respond to F9, even
though there are cells that are not yet calculated.
I press F9 and nothing happens. Then I locate a cell which I know has to be
calculeted. I enter into it by pressing F2 and then I exit it again without
making any changes. Now this cell is calculated correctly.
This is however not a perfect sollution, as it requires knowledge of which
cells that have to be calculated.
I have also tried to select all 150 sheets and replace "=" with "=". This
way all formulas should be activated, and thereby calculated. This is however
a very slow process.

I do not know if this is because the file is so big, or if Excel has an error

Does anyone have experienced same or have another sollution to the problem
rogeraw

Hi there

Go in Tools, Options and select the Caculation tab.

Check the calculation settings, to the right there are
2 buttons - not Calc Now (F9) and Calc Sheet.

Not sure what Calc Sheet should be used for.

Hope this helps

Good luck

Roger

--
rogeraw
rogeraw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19964

CyberTaz

Hello-

Does your wkbk have any links to external files?

This could also be related to RAM availability, processor performance,
and/or disk condition (free space & fragmentation). The latter is especially
significant for a file of that size and complexity.

You might try increasing the number of iterations (same Options as Manual
Calc. setting) but it may not help much.

Hope this is of some use to you |:)

"Hmmmm" wrote:

[...]

Hmmmm

Hi

Thanks for your reply

No, there are no links to any external files.

I am not sure what the iteration feature does, but when I read about it in
the help menu, I can see something about goal seeking and resolving circular