Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
steven steven is offline

Default Manual Calculation

I have a large file File01 that takes about 10 seconds to calculate. It is
sometimes on Automatic Calculation. I have another file File02 that I want
to open and on File02's Auto_Open I set Application.Calculation = xlManual.
But when the file File02 opens the system recalculates when I thought because
I did the Application.Calculation = xlManual that this would stop it and go
immediately to Manual. Basically when I open File02 I want to go to Manual
Calc and do not want File01 to calculate.

Thank you,

Steven