Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Import Data from web-sites

Hi,

Is it possible to import data into excel from web-site.
I refer to a web-site to get data and do some analysis. This is regarding
share market data. I have got the URL of the web site which is as follow:
http://www.nse-india.com/content/equ...iphistdata.htm
On the web-site we need to enter few details like scrip code, from and to
dates of the data and then click submit to get the data on the web site. This
data can also be downloaded is .csv format.

Let me know if some macro could be written to get this data from the
web-site. I know how to create a macro for doing some analysis.

Cheers,
Mandeep Dhami
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In , Mandeep
Dhami spake thusly:

Is it possible to import data into excel from

Data / Import External Data / Import Data and click on the
Internet globe in the menu bar to set up a new Web Query.

=dman=
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try Data--Import External Data--New Web Query

Dallman Ross wrote:
In , Mandeep
Dhami spake thusly:

Is it possible to import data into excel from

Data / Import External Data / Import Data and click on the
Internet globe in the menu bar to set up a new Web Query.

=dman=

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dallman/JW,

Not able to import data the way you informed below. Can you have a look and
let me know how it can be done in the case of the web-site that I have sent.

Cheers,
Mandeep Dhami

"Dallman Ross" wrote:

In , Mandeep