Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default External web Data Multiple Sites

Hi,

I need to create a workbook that references multiple websites and have each
website display on individual worksheets.

I would like to get the external data by referencing a cells content that
provides the web address of the external data.

The external web addresses are as follows (example):

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ll...e=aol&page= 8
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ll...e=aol&page= 9
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ll...=aol&page= 10
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ll...=aol&page= 11
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ll...=aol&page= 12

As you can see the addresses are page 8,9,10 etc

I can import them using the wizard in excel 2007 manually on each sheet but
it would be easier to reference the address on a worksheet as I can just drag
the reference down to increment the page number.

Any help would be much appreciated

Kind regards

Colin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the HYPERLINK() function..Adjust the cell reference A8 to suit your
requiremen..

Try this formula and copy down as required
=HYPERLINK("http://www.samknows.com/broadband/llu-league.php?filter_field=region_name&type=aol&page= " & ROW(A8))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"colin" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jacob,

Many thanks for the reply.

Iam actually trying to return the data at the web reference into individual
worksheets (data connections) and not create a hyperlink to the web page. I
would like to reference multiple worksheets to each datasource that your
funtion creates.

Kind regards

colin