Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default moving to specific cells based on the value entered

This is what I have a problem with.

If they enter A in C4, I want them to tab to the following cells for data
entry: e4-i4, then m4-o4, then s4-u4, then y4-aa4, then ae4-ah4, then
al4-an4, then ar4-av4, then az4-bc4, then bg4-bj4, then mn4-bq4, then bu4-by4
then cc4-cg4, then ck4-co4, then cs4-cx4, then db4-dd4, then dh4-dj4, then
dn4-dp4, then st4-dv4, then dz4-eb4.

But, if they enter P or S in C4, I need them to only
enter data in the following cells: d4, l4, r4, x4, ad4, ak4, aq4, ay4, bf4,
bm4, bt4, cb4, cj4, cr4, da4, dg4, dm4, ds4 and dy4.

At this point when they hit the Tab Key, I want them to the beginning in the
next row. I know this may be impossible, if so, please just say so. I have
spent several days trying to figure out if this can be done, my boss wants it
to be possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is this correct? Move from right to left one cell at a time? Just checking.
This can be done with a worksheet change event. I would lock every cell on
the workbook except C4. A change in C4 will trigger a change event in the
ThisWorkbook module. This change event will look at the target.cell and if
it is C4 Then unlock Range("E4") and select it - . If Target.Cell =
Range("E4") Then Range("F4").Select. And so on. Do you want to give access
to all cells where combined, i.e...E4-I4. E4, F4, G4, I4? Or is it E4 and
I4. Is there a certain sequence that you want the user to follow from
beginning to end?

e4-i4 "your example"

Regards,

Alan

"JAConnolly" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I do need to move left to right one cell at at a time. I need to be able to
access the cell ranges as example provided E4-I4 = E4, F4, G4,H4, and I4.

I am trying to automate an evaulation form that has been used for years in
our school district. Teacher name go in B4, then they tab to C4. What they
enter in C4 will determine which cells they fill in from there. If they
enter A, then they need to enter data in in a sequence of cell ranges, one
cell at a time. If they enter S or P, then they need to enter data in just a
few cells. This is one worksheet with all teachers listed and it could be
all A's in cell C4, or it could be a mixture of all 3 possibilities.

Over 70+ cells used for data entry, there need to be at least 2 areas of
growth indicated. This is taken care of by the number entered in the cells
if they enter A in C4. If they enter S or P they need to be able to enter a
number in the cells indicated in previous message, but they also need to be
able to put an X in any cell immediately following, prior to the next cell
needed for a number. Example:
If they enter S in C4, they need to tab to D4 enter a number, if no growth
areas are needed, then they tab to L4 to enter a number. If growth areas are
needed, they need to be able to enter an X in M4, N4, O4 and so in as needed
before tabing to the next cell for a number score, R4 as in the original
message. I am afraid locking the cells would make this impossible.

What I am trying to do may be impossible. I just need to try, but I don't
know enough about this to make it work.