Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan[_2_] Alan[_2_] is offline

Default moving to specific cells based on the value entered

Is this correct? Move from right to left one cell at a time? Just checking.
This can be done with a worksheet change event. I would lock every cell on
the workbook except C4. A change in C4 will trigger a change event in the
ThisWorkbook module. This change event will look at the target.cell and if
it is C4 Then unlock Range("E4") and select it - . If Target.Cell =
Range("E4") Then Range("F4").Select. And so on. Do you want to give access
to all cells where combined, i.e...E4-I4. E4, F4, G4, I4? Or is it E4 and
I4. Is there a certain sequence that you want the user to follow from
beginning to end?

e4-i4 "your example"

Regards,

Alan

"JAConnolly" wrote in message
This is what I have a problem with.

If they enter A in C4, I want them to tab to the following cells for data
entry: e4-i4, then m4-o4, then s4-u4, then y4-aa4, then ae4-ah4, then
al4-an4, then ar4-av4, then az4-bc4, then bg4-bj4, then mn4-bq4, then
bu4-by4
then cc4-cg4, then ck4-co4, then cs4-cx4, then db4-dd4, then dh4-dj4, then
dn4-dp4, then st4-dv4, then dz4-eb4.

But, if they enter P or S in C4, I need them to only
enter data in the following cells: d4, l4, r4, x4, ad4, ak4, aq4, ay4,
bf4,
bm4, bt4, cb4, cj4, cr4, da4, dg4, dm4, ds4 and dy4.

At this point when they hit the Tab Key, I want them to the beginning in
the
next row. I know this may be impossible, if so, please just say so. I
have
spent several days trying to figure out if this can be done, my boss wants
it
to be possible.