Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default spell check ranges in a do loop

I have a macro trying to spell check a number of discrete ranges ( not the
whole spread sheet). The range names are passed to the spell check sub
routine which uses the following lines of code

Application.Goto Reference:=Range(Address), scroll:=True
Application.union((activesheet.Range(Address)),
Activesheet.Range("A1").Checkspelling AlwaysSuggest:=True, SpellLang:=2057

The problem I have is that if there are 3 ranges (for example) I want to
spell check, it works fine for the first range, but doesn't work for the
later ranges.

I have checked the formatting of the cell ranges in the spreadsheet and thy
are all the same.

Thanks !

Daveh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Activesheet.Range("A1").Checkspelling AlwaysSuggest:=True, SpellLang:=2057

looks like it would only check spelling in cell A1.

Why not have it check the spelling in the cell you want spell checked

Activesheet.Range("B9").Checkspelling AlwaysSuggest:=True, SpellLang:=2057

perhaps

or
Application.Goto Reference:=Range(Address), scroll:=True
Selection.Checkspelling AlwaysSuggest:=True, SpellLang:=2057

Tom Ogilvy