Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Spell Check

Does any one know how to setup excel to automatically run spell check
everytime you close a document?
I found a way to add a Private Sub, but it only works with a
particular spreadsheet. I am looking to alter global excel options so
I do not have to modify spreadsheets individually.

Excell 2002 Sp3

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Mishka" wrote...
Does any one know how to setup excel to automatically run spell check
everytime you close a document?
I found a way to add a Private Sub, but it only works with a
particular spreadsheet. I am looking to alter global excel options so
I do not have to modify spreadsheets individually.

The closest you can get is using a macro in your Personal.xls file to
close the active workbook after running spell check on it. You could
tie that macro to a macro keystroke accelerator ([Ctrl]+letter or
[Shift]+[Ctrl]+letter) or replace the Close entry in the File menu
with an entry that runs this macro.

However,the only way to run Spell Check automatically before closing
files when you either press [Ctrl]+[F4] or click on the file window's
close button (the X button in the top-right corner of the document
window) is by having a BeforeClose event handler in every workbook.