Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Spell check

How do I set Excel so others can Spell check data in a protected sheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tonks, use a macro to unprotect the sheet, spell check, and then protect the
sheet, like this, assign to a button on the sheet

Sub Spell_Check()
'spell check a protected sheet
Const Password = "123" '**Change password here**
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:=Password
Cells.CheckSpelling CustomDictionary:="CUSTOM.DIC",
IgnoreUppercase:=False _
, AlwaysSuggest:=True
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:=Password

Paul B