Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default fx Libraries

I need to know functions name from Excel Office in VBA.
Cause if I have to use a function in my little application english and
someone else use it in a diferent office with another language.
I need to use the default function name from that office in VBA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, if have to do something like this:

Range("A1").Formula = "=SUM(A2:A20)"

it may change with the office's language and what happen if it is in spanish?
it should be like this:

Range("A1").Formula = "=SUMA(A2:A20)"

Then, How can I now it?
Is there a library or something that conteins those default function's names?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

For built in functions, just use English names.

Tom Ogilvy

"cajinamaster" wrote in message
I need to know functions name from Excel Office in VBA.
Cause if I have to use a function in my little application english and
someone else use it in a diferent office with another language.
I need to use the default function name from that office in VBA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No it doesn't change. That is why I said use the English names. Excel
will translate the formula to the local function names. Formulas are
actually represented with tokens. VBA knows how to translate the formula to
the proper tokens, then excel translates the token to the local name.

If you use

Range("A1").FormulaLocal

then you have to use the Spanish function names, but you don't need to use
formulalocal.

Tom Ogilvy