Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Porting VBA Libraries

I have a library of VBA procedures in my Personal.xls file consisting o
a half dozen or so Modules, each containing 10 to 50 individua
procedures. When developing a new application, this library i
referenced. But once the application is “done” and if I wish to mov
it to another machine, I need a way to move the necessary procedure
from the library as well.

My present method uses an application I wrote that interrogates th
application, builds a list of procedures called, interrogates thos
procedures, etc. When that process is done, a Module is built of al
library procedures and added to the Application. It works and onl
“adds” the required procedures; but is rather “brute force”.

Is there a better way to do this? Is there some simpler way to do thi
and keep the library “secure”? I have no particular preferenc
regarding how much is moved, i.e., the entire library or just th
“necessary” procedures. The latter seems a bit more efficient.

Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You might find it useful and more efficient to simply cut/paste
the required procedures from your personal.xls VBProject in to
the application project as soon as you find that you need a
specific procedure.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"MWE " wrote in message
I have a library of VBA procedures in my Personal.xls file

consisting of
a half dozen or so Modules, each containing 10 to 50 individual
procedures. When developing a new application, this library is
referenced. But once the application is "done" and if I wish

to move
it to another machine, I need a way to move the necessary

procedures
from the library as well.

My present method uses an application I wrote that interrogates

the
application, builds a list of procedures called, interrogates

those
procedures, etc. When that process is done, a Module is built

of all
library procedures and added to the Application. It works and

only
"adds" the required procedures; but is rather "brute force".

Is there a better way to do this? Is there some simpler way to

do this
and keep the library "secure"? I have no particular preference
regarding how much is moved, i.e., the entire library or just

the
"necessary" procedures. The latter seems a bit more efficient.

Thanks

---