Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dropdown List Syntax

I have large list of values to add to a drop-down list but they wont
all fit in the Data Validation box, nor do I want to reference a range
of cells, so can you please provide some syntax for doing it through
the VBA.

Thanks,
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put the list of values in a range, and then use

=M1:M20

in the DV list box (or whatever the range is).

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Dan R." wrote in message
oups.com...
I have large list of values to add to a drop-down list but they wont
all fit in the Data Validation box, nor do I want to reference a range
of cells, so can you please provide some syntax for doing it through
the VBA.

Thanks,
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why don't you want to reference a range of cell? You could store that
list on a hidden work sheet, and refer to the range by name, as
described he

Dan R. wrote:
I have large list of values to add to a drop-down list but they wont
all fit in the Data Validation box, nor do I want to reference a range
of cells, so can you please provide some syntax for doing it through
the VBA.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures