Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default result of selecting from the dropdown list should be a dropdown list

Dear All

I am in garment export busines. We are dealing with more than 10 customers
and each customer gave me several orders. I am recording the details of
export in the following orders in an excel book

For the first transaction:-
In column A1 I the buyer name is there
In b1 column - Purchase order no.
In b1 column - The quantity exported
........... Price
.......... Value
......... Forwarding agent
........... Customs reference No. etc
.......... goes on

The second transaction may be for the other buyer in the second row
The third transaction may be for the third buyer in the third row
The forth transaction may for the first buyer in the fourth row.
.................. and goes on

Now What I need is explained below.

In a separate sheet (the name of the sheet is "index sheet"), i need a
dropdown list in the first column. if I select one buyer from the list then
the second column should show the list of P.Os relating to the selected
buyer only. In the same way, In the second column also, if I select
from the list of purchase orders from a drop downlist, the sales figures
(may be multiple cell references) of that particular purchase order should
be
displayed.

If it is advisable to enter a data other than the one stated above, I can
able to change since now only I am started feeding the data.

For reference I am attaching a sample excel sheet for your reference.
Any help please

Currency to Text mytipi Excel Worksheet Functions 1 February 21st 06 11:43 PM
VBA Monty Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 30th 06 01:37 PM
convert value in word. For Exampe Rs.115.00 convert into word as . Shakti Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 10th 05 12:00 PM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
self-building dropdown list boris Excel Worksheet Functions 1 January 17th 05 05:33 PM