Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default result of selecting from the dropdown list should be a dropdown list

Dear All

I am in garment export busines. We are dealing with more than 10 customers
and each customer gave me several orders. I am recording the details of
export in the following orders in an excel book

For the first transaction
In column A1 I the buyer name is there
In b1 column - Purchase order no.
In b1 column - The quantity exported
.......... Price
........... Value
.......... Forwarding agent
............ Customs reference No. etc
........... goes on

The second transaction may be for the other buyer in the second row
The third transaction may be for the third buyer in the third row
The forth transaction may for the first buyer in the fourth row.
................... and goes on

Now What I need is explained below.

In a separate sheet (the name of the sheet is "index sheet"), i need a
dropdown list in the first column. if I select one buyer from the list then
the second column should show the list of P.Os relating to the selected
buyer only. In the same way, In the second column also, if I select from the
list of purchase orders from a drop downlist, the sales figures (may be
multiple cell references) of that particular purchase order should be
displayed.

If it is advisable to enter a data other than the one stated above, I can
able to change since now only I am started feeding the data.

Any help please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Rather than trying to pull the data to another sheet you could mark the
header row of your data page the choose
DataFilterAutofilter
Use the Dropdown on column A to select Buyer etc.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"No News" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dear Roger

If my data entered are in a single row for each Customer/Purchase order it
is ok. But see the attached sample file for your reference and give an idea.

Thanks.