Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default dropdown list determined by another dropdown list

I am trying to creat an ordering form that has several criteria/options that
have to be matched to allow other options.

I have a dropdown box that allows 4 options (1,2,3 or 4) and depending upon
which one is selected then nedd box needs to only show the next options
according the that number.

Dropdown box One Option 1
Dropdown box Two Option A or B

Dropdown box One Option 2
Dropdown box Two Option C or D

Dropdown box One Option 3
Dropdown box Two Option E F or G etc

I've setup the lists in another sheet in the workbook and have them named
but cannot work out how to link the 2 boxes/lists together.

Many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site he

where she shows how to set up dependent lists.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 19, 4:08*pm, Wackyracer
wrote:
I am trying to creat an ordering form that has several criteria/options that
have to be matched to allow other options.

I have a dropdown box that allows 4 options (1,2,3 or 4) and depending upon
which one is selected then nedd box needs to only show the next options
according the that number.

Dropdown box One Option 1
Dropdown box Two Option A or B

Dropdown box One Option 2
Dropdown box Two Option C or D

Dropdown box One Option 3
Dropdown box Two Option E F or G etc

I've setup the lists in another sheet in the workbook and have them named
but cannot work out how to link the 2 boxes/lists together.

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

the below link is very helpful for this. It's really difficlut to hass these
out on a board

www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.dropdowns.html

Jeremy

"Wackyracer" wrote:

I am trying to creat an ordering form that has several criteria/options that
have to be matched to allow other options.

I have a dropdown box that allows 4 options (1,2,3 or 4) and depending upon
which one is selected then nedd box needs to only show the next options
according the that number.

Dropdown box One Option 1
Dropdown box Two Option A or B

Dropdown box One Option 2
Dropdown box Two Option C or D

Dropdown box One Option 3
Dropdown box Two Option E F or G etc

I've setup the lists in another sheet in the workbook and have them named
but cannot work out how to link the 2 boxes/lists together.

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On May 19, 4:41*pm, Wackyracer
wrote:
Thanks very much. Exactly what I needed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a similar problem, can someone please help!!

I have two lists in a row and I would like them to be dependant on each
other. For example "list 1" - A1=dave, A2=colin, A3=trevor, A4=daniel, "list
2" - B1=18, B2=22, B3=55, B4=24,

I need my spreadsheet to link these two lists so that if somebody drops down
"list 1" and chooses 'colin' (from A2) the next cell will automatically
display '22' (from B2).

I hope i have explained this correctly. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel