Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Dropdown List within a dropdown

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I only have 23 hairs left on my head and cannot afford to lose any more.
Thus, I ask for your thoughts. I'm in the process of creating a spreadsheet
containing many dropdown lists.

My need is to create a dropdown within the dropdown, based upon the entry
chosen by the first drop down selection. Totally confused yet?

For example, if I select "Modem" from the first dropdown. I want to then be
taken to another dropdown containing the names of all Modem Manufacturers
from which the next selection would be made.

In advance, thanks! Jeff Hennessey (down to 22 hairs now....)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Apr 10, 8:18 pm, Henn9660
wrote:
Good Afternoon Everyone!

I only have 23 hairs left on my head and cannot afford to lose any more.
Thus, I ask for your thoughts. I'm in the process of creating a spreadsheet
containing many dropdown lists.

My need is to create a dropdown within the dropdown, based upon the entry
chosen by the first drop down selection. Totally confused yet?

For example, if I select "Modem" from the first dropdown. I want to then be
taken to another dropdown containing the names of all Modem Manufacturers
from which the next selection would be made.

In advance, thanks! Jeff Hennessey (down to 22 hairs now....)

I suppose you alreade have a list containing modem manufactures, so
all you need to do is make it a names range.
Then in your list criteria type = Modem.

You'll need a list for each kind of device one can choose in the first
dropdown.

Per Erik