-   -   Dropdown List Syntax (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/381023-dropdown-list-syntax.html)

Dan R.

Dropdown List Syntax

I have large list of values to add to a drop-down list but they wont
all fit in the Data Validation box, nor do I want to reference a range
of cells, so can you please provide some syntax for doing it through
the VBA.

Thanks,
Dan

Bob Phillips

Dropdown List Syntax

Put the list of values in a range, and then use

=M1:M20

in the DV list box (or whatever the range is).

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Dan R." wrote in message
oups.com...
I have large list of values to add to a drop-down list but they wont
all fit in the Data Validation box, nor do I want to reference a range
of cells, so can you please provide some syntax for doing it through
the VBA.

Thanks,
Dan

Debra Dalgleish

Dropdown List Syntax

Why don't you want to reference a range of cell? You could store that
list on a hidden work sheet, and refer to the range by name, as
described he

Dan R. wrote:
I have large list of values to add to a drop-down list but they wont
all fit in the Data Validation box, nor do I want to reference a range
of cells, so can you please provide some syntax for doing it through
the VBA.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Dan R.

Dropdown List Syntax

I didn't know you could hide a worksheet, thanks a lot Debra I'll do
that.

Dan

Dan R. wrote:
I have large list of values to add to a drop-down list but they wont
all fit in the Data Validation box, nor do I want to reference a range
of cells, so can you please provide some syntax for doing it through
the VBA.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures