Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default #1 How to best learn VBA? #2 Division problem question

I'm continually frustrated in trying to learn VBA to do some things
which I think would be useful tools (well, for myself anyway).

I'm not bright, but MS Office is certainly not new to me.
I do want to learn VBA, more than anything, at this point, instead of
relying on your peoples' wonderful help. And I do mean wonderful, as
I've gotten lots of good answers here, but I hate being bothersome.

But, I cannot for the life of me figure out the code to do a simple
division program, as follows.

Row A contains the values 1 to 100 (each number in its own cell).

In the code, I want each of the Row A numbers to be tested if:

If the number from Row A = or ends in 0, 2, 5 Then go to the next
number in sequence.

If the number does not end in 0, 2, or 5. , but is 2
Then divide it by 3.

If the answer leaves a remainder, then put that answer in Row C,
starting from the left-most column. Then, on to the next number in
Row A, and test, and divide and so on to 100.

I've long wished I had some of you folks ability to whip up these
programs on the fly.

Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, I appreciate everyone trying to help.

If left to me to program, it simply won't happen..
So could someone please point me to a prime number calculator written
for Excel VBA ? That's all I'm looking for (at this time).

Thanks,
Hrundi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub ABCD()
Range("A1").Select
For i = 1 To 50
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
ActiveCell.Value = i
'Application.Wait Now() + TimeValue("00:00:01")
Next
End Sub

Uncomment the application.Wait if you want it to SLOW DOWN.

didn't see any division problem question.

Tom Ogilvy

"George C." wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 15:29:28 -0600, "John Bundy"
wrote:

Had to build a couple back in school, how large of a number are you
needing?

Hi. I found one on the Microsoft site, after extensive searching
around.

It starts with two dialogue boxes for first integer and final integer.
It's MUCH more simpler than the concoction I had in mind.

BUT I still have a question.

I generates the primes, and goes down column A as it posts each prime
found. But, I'd like the page to scroll down, along with each new
prime that is entered.

I found this command, but cant get it to work:

ScrollActionLineDown(0,1)

Please advise.

Thanks, once again

-John
is helpful.

"Hrundi V. Bakshi" wrote in message
.. .
Hi, I appreciate everyone trying to help.

If left to me to program, it simply won't happen..
So could someone please point me to a prime number calculator written
for Excel VBA ? That's all I'm looking for (at this time).

Thanks,
Hrundi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

...I'd like the page to scroll down, along with each new Prime.

Are you referring to this kb article?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/202782/en-us

This is not the best, but something quick n dirty:

Change:
ActiveCell.Offset(Count, 0).Value = y

To:
If Count 10 Then _
Application.Goto Cells(Count - 10, 1), True
Cells(Count, 1).Value = y

and change to this at the beginning:
Count = 1

Again, this is not the best, but it may give you some ideas.

--
HTH :)
Dana DeLouis

wrote:

[...]

Division and formatting excel question Sako7STW Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 3rd 10 05:03 PM
Division EK Excel Worksheet Functions 2 May 3rd 07 04:05 PM
Time Division Question metaltecks Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 September 10th 06 02:59 AM
excel division formula question trey braid Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 17th 06 01:46 AM
Division problem Wondering New Users to Excel 4 January 27th 05 10:39 PM