Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hrundi V. Bakshi Hrundi V. Bakshi is offline

Default #1 How to best learn VBA? #2 Division problem question

I'm continually frustrated in trying to learn VBA to do some things
which I think would be useful tools (well, for myself anyway).

I'm not bright, but MS Office is certainly not new to me.
I do want to learn VBA, more than anything, at this point, instead of
relying on your peoples' wonderful help. And I do mean wonderful, as
I've gotten lots of good answers here, but I hate being bothersome.

But, I cannot for the life of me figure out the code to do a simple
division program, as follows.

Row A contains the values 1 to 100 (each number in its own cell).

In the code, I want each of the Row A numbers to be tested if:

If the number from Row A = or ends in 0, 2, 5 Then go to the next
number in sequence.

If the number does not end in 0, 2, or 5. , but is 2
Then divide it by 3.

If the answer leaves a remainder, then put that answer in Row C,
starting from the left-most column. Then, on to the next number in
Row A, and test, and divide and so on to 100.

I've long wished I had some of you folks ability to whip up these
programs on the fly.

Please help