Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Inserting Rows, but keeping row size

Hi

I've created just a simple Macro to insert rows into a table, pushing
everything else down. However, when ti pushses the rows down, the row
sizes don't remain the same, so where there is a lot of text in them,
(the text is wrapped) you cna no longer see all the text as the row
size becomes 12.75 when I have made it 87.00 to enable me to see all
the text. I would liek to be able to insert a row and then the rows
below are big enough to see the text. (i.e the row would change from
12.75 to 87.00)

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Format the whole column wrapped before inserting new row!

Regards,
Stefi

€žrammieib€ ezt Ã*rta:

Hi

I've created just a simple Macro to insert rows into a table, pushing
everything else down. However, when ti pushses the rows down, the row
sizes don't remain the same, so where there is a lot of text in them,
(the text is wrapped) you cna no longer see all the text as the row
size becomes 12.75 when I have made it 87.00 to enable me to see all
the text. I would liek to be able to insert a row and then the rows
below are big enough to see the text. (i.e the row would change from
12.75 to 87.00)

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Stefi

Thats not what I meant. Apologies I may not have been clear.

I have row 11, I have comments in cells C11, D11, E11 and the size of
this row is 80.00. I insert a new row so the comments in cells C11:E11,
move down onto row 12. However, row 12 is only width 12.00. I need the
width of this row to be 80.00 still so I can see all the comments. The
cells are wrapped!

,,rammieib" ezt írta:

Hi

I've created just a simple Macro to insert rows into a table, pushing
everything else down. However, when ti pushses the rows down, the row
sizes don't remain the same, so where there is a lot of text in them,
(the text is wrapped) you cna no longer see all the text as the row
size becomes 12.75 when I have made it 87.00 to enable me to see all
the text. I would liek to be able to insert a row and then the rows
below are big enough to see the text. (i.e the row would change from
12.75 to 87.00)

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Now I think I could reproduced your problem: inserting a row shrinks the
comment box not the row, am I right? Unfortunately I don't know the solution,
I'm thinking...

Regards,
Stefi

Stefi wrote:
Format the whole column wrapped before inserting new row!

Regards,
Stefi

,,rammieib" ezt Ã*rta:

Hi

I've created just a simple Macro to insert rows into a table, pushing
everything else down. However, when ti pushses the rows down, the row
sizes don't remain the same, so where there is a lot of text in them,
(the text is wrapped) you cna no longer see all the text as the row
size becomes 12.75 when I have made it 87.00 to enable me to see all
the text. I would liek to be able to insert a row and then the rows
below are big enough to see the text. (i.e the row would change from
12.75 to 87.00)

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

rammieib wrote:
Stefi

Thats not what I meant. Apologies I may not have been clear.

I have row 11, I have comments in cells C11, D11, E11 and the size of
this row is 80.00. I insert a new row so the comments in cells C11:E11,
move down onto row 12. However, row 12 is only width 12.00. I need the
width of this row to be 80.00 still so I can see all the comments. The
cells are wrapped!

Try

Rows("11:11").Insert Shift:=xlDown

The new row 12 should be the same height as the previous row 11. The
inserted row 11 will be the same height as the previous row 10.