Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Inserting rows while keeping cell contents the same

When I insert a row, it will give me a blank row. I am trying to insert a
row in the middle of many rows of formulas, and I want the row to be
auto-populated with the correct formula.

Instead of:

Row 1 =kdkdkdk =kdkdkdkd =kdkdkdk
Row 2 (inserted and blank)
Row 3 =kdkdkdkd =kdkdkdkdk =dkdkdk

I want:

Row 1 =kdkdkdk =kdkdkdkd =kdkdkdk
Row 2 (inserted) =kdkdkdkd =kdkdkdkdk =dkdkdk
Row 3 =kdkdkdkd =kdkdkdkdk =dkdkdk

My actual spreadsheet is more complicated, but the principle is what I need
to get working.

JD
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy the row above where you want the new row.
Select the row immediately below.
Right-click the row header and choose "Insert Copied Cells" from the popup menu.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"JDNETTC"
wrote in message
When I insert a row, it will give me a blank row. I am trying to insert a
row in the middle of many rows of formulas, and I want the row to be
auto-populated with the correct formula.

Instead of:

Row 1 =kdkdkdk =kdkdkdkd =kdkdkdk
Row 2 (inserted and blank)
Row 3 =kdkdkdkd =kdkdkdkdk =dkdkdk

I want:

Row 1 =kdkdkdk =kdkdkdkd =kdkdkdk
Row 2 (inserted) =kdkdkdkd =kdkdkdkdk =dkdkdk
Row 3 =kdkdkdkd =kdkdkdkdk =dkdkdk

My actual spreadsheet is more complicated, but the principle is what I need
to get working.
JD
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is the problem though....I have a database query that returns data into
a table...which from what I understand is treated differently from regular
work sheet rows. When i refresh the data, it adds rows automatically, which
is why I want to know how to automatically update a row with the formulas
above it. Copying and pasting is too time consuming for the amount of
refreshes that I do. Is it something I have to do with my settings? I use
Excel 2007.

wrote in message
When I insert a row, it will give me a blank row. I am trying to insert a
row in the middle of many rows of formulas, and I want the row to be
auto-populated with the correct formula.

Instead of:

Row 1 =kdkdkdk =kdkdkdkd =kdkdkdk
Row 2 (inserted and blank)
Row 3 =kdkdkdkd =kdkdkdkdk =dkdkdk

I want:

Row 1 =kdkdkdk =kdkdkdkd =kdkdkdk
Row 2 (inserted) =kdkdkdkd =kdkdkdkdk =dkdkdk
Row 3 =kdkdkdkd =kdkdkdkdk =dkdkdk

My actual spreadsheet is more complicated, but the principle is what I need
to get working.
JD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I figured out my own problem. Essentially, since my data was part of an
Excel table, when it updated, it updated independently of my worksheet
rows/columns. I grabbed the little handle on the lower right of my table and
included all the columns to the right that included my formulas. Now, when I
refresh my ODBC data, everything updates very nicely.