Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default About the editor window (fonts and scrolling)

A)
I can wheel scroll in ANY other window of any app in Windows(xpsp2).
I can even use it in the file tree window of the editor, but not in the
code window.
Why?

B)
Courier is my favorite but I find it pale. There is no bold option. I
have courbd.ttf installed. It won't show up as a selection either.

I find both of these issues so strange as they would be so easy to
address.
Or would they?

any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is a major design flaw that you can't use the wheel in the
editor. As a workaround, use FreeWheel
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html

For the font, try using Courier New.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Finny" wrote in message
s.com...
A)
I can wheel scroll in ANY other window of any app in
Windows(xpsp2).
I can even use it in the file tree window of the editor, but
not in the
code window.
Why?

B)
Courier is my favorite but I find it pale. There is no bold
option. I
have courbd.ttf installed. It won't show up as a selection
either.

I find both of these issues so strange as they would be so easy
address.
Or would they?

any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Chip,
Do you have freewheel working in winxp?

I meant Courier New. There is no bold option or selection.

As a workaround for that, I uninstalled cour.ttf.
Now bold shows up as a selection in the font list.

bizarre

"Finny" wrote in message
s.com...
A)
I can wheel scroll in ANY other window of any app in
Windows(xpsp2).
I can even use it in the file tree window of the editor, but
not in the
code window.
Why?

B)
Courier is my favorite but I find it pale. There is no bold
option. I
have courbd.ttf installed. It won't show up as a selection
either.

I find both of these issues so strange as they would be so easy
address.
Or would they?

any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Great.

I made a copy of courbd.ttf, renamed it (not the file name, the font),
and presto, I could choose between Courier New and Boldier New.

:)