Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Scrolling in editor window of Excel VBA

I have become accustomed to being able to scroll up and down within any
window in the windows environment by using the mouse wheel. This seems to
work everywhere in most applications, inclduing non-microsoft apps, but not
in the Excel VBA code editor window wen you are editing code. The only way
to scroll up and down in this window is via the scroll bars at the side.

Am i doing something wrong or is there a good reason for this not being
enabled in Excel VBA (v6.3)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Sactly,

I use the 3rd party VBScroll software from Shahin Gasanov:

http://www.gasanov.net/VBScroll.htm

Others have recommended the 3rd part Freewheel:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...freewheel.html

Others have advised using Version 4 MS Intellimouse drivers in instead of
the later Version 5 drivers.

---
Regards,
Norman

"sactly" wrote in message
I have become accustomed to being able to scroll up and down within any
window in the windows environment by using the mouse wheel. This seems to
work everywhere in most applications, inclduing non-microsoft apps, but
not
in the Excel VBA code editor window wen you are editing code. The only
way
to scroll up and down in this window is via the scroll bars at the side.

Am i doing something wrong or is there a good reason for this not being
enabled in Excel VBA (v6.3)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is it related the Mouse being used ie non microsoft or is this common
irrespective of the mouse brand?

Where does one find Intellmouse V4 drivers?

And thanks for reply

"sactly" wrote in message
I have become accustomed to being able to scroll up and down within any
window in the windows environment by using the mouse wheel. This seems to
work everywhere in most applications, inclduing non-microsoft apps, but
not
in the Excel VBA code editor window wen you are editing code. The only
way
to scroll up and down in this window is via the scroll bars at the side.

Am i doing something wrong or is there a good reason for this not being
enabled in Excel VBA (v6.3)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Lucas,

I am using a computer at work, on which I cannot install anything.
Do you know of any other way to get the VBE to respond to the
mouse scrollwheel?

Why not speak to your IT department: one or other of the suggested solutions
should be within their ambit of acceptability.

---
Regards,
Norman