Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date formatting cells w/ VBA

I am trying to format a cell when creating an excel spreadsheet from an
access module. I would like to define the format of the cells from the
vb code itself, but I don't know how exactly.

Here is the pertinent code for how I am putting info into the cells
from my DB:

Dim oExcel As Excel.Application
Dim oWorkbook As Excel.Workbook

Set oExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
oExcel.Visible = True
Set oWorkbook = oExcel.Workbooks.Add

oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1).Value = "FirstName"
oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 2).Value = "LastName"
oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 3).Value = "Arrival Date"

Anywho thanks, if anyone knows this. It seems like it should be
simple, but web searching is only showing me GUI-based solutions.

/r
kkoechel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi K,

To format A1:C1 as text, try:

Cells(1,1).Resize(1,3).NumberFormat = "@"

To format a cell as a date, try:

Cells(!,2).NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yy"

---
Regards,
Norman

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am trying to format a cell when creating an excel spreadsheet from an
access module. I would like to define the format of the cells from the
vb code itself, but I don't know how exactly.

Here is the pertinent code for how I am putting info into the cells
from my DB:

Dim oExcel As Excel.Application
Dim oWorkbook As Excel.Workbook

Set oExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
oExcel.Visible = True
Set oWorkbook = oExcel.Workbooks.Add

oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1).Value = "FirstName"
oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 2).Value = "LastName"
oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 3).Value = "Arrival Date"

Anywho thanks, if anyone knows this. It seems like it should be
simple, but web searching is only showing me GUI-based solutions.

/r
kkoechel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks! Works great!

Also, next time, I should probably do a quick googlegroups search as
well, apparently I am not the first person to ask almost this exact
same question =\

the A1:C1 thing is going to be very helpful!

kkoechel

Norman Jones wrote:
Hi K,

To format A1:C1 as text, try: