Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting and cloring cells and date calculations

I want to calculate time passed by subtracting one date from another and put
the time in hours and minutes in a cell. If the value in the cell is greater
than a value in another cell, then I want to turn the first cell red. If it
is equal to or less, then turn the cell green.

A1 B1 C1
D1
Date Date Subtract A1 from B2 and If C1
greater than D1,
put answer in C1 in hours and minutes make C1
Red. If not

Make C1 Green
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi
try this

A1 B1
C1 D1
Date1 Date 2
Calculated Hours Hours

01/05/2009 05/05/2009 96.00
100.00

Then conditionally format Cell C1

1st Condition -- Formula is =($C$3<=$D$3)

2nd Condition -- Formula is =($C$3$D$3)

--
Best regards

Rajesh Mehmi

"John" wrote in message
I want to calculate time passed by subtracting one date from another and
put
the time in hours and minutes in a cell. If the value in the cell is
greater
than a value in another cell, then I want to turn the first cell red. If
it
is equal to or less, then turn the cell green.

A1 B1 C1
D1
Date Date Subtract A1 from B2 and If C1