Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting cells in a column with conditional formatting?

How do I red and bold text on a # in a column if it falls under 70?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

from the menu bar- format/conditional formatting

How do I red and bold text on a # in a column if it falls under 70?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go to format - Conditional Formatting .

if you're trying to format the current cell if it's under 70....
enter Cell Value is < 70

If you're trying for format the current cell if another cell is less
than 70....
enter Formula is =A1<70 (REPLACE A1 WITH WHAT EVER CELL YOU WANT TO
REVIEW)

then just click on the Format button and set whatever format you want

On May 19, 8:48 am, shamor wrote:
How do I red and bold text on a # in a column if it falls under 70?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for the response but I want to do it for the whole column E3 to
E200 if any of the values in that column fall under 70 its bold and red and
if value is 0 then cell is filled red.

On May 19, 8:48 am, shamor wrote:
How do I red and bold text on a # in a column if it falls under 70?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have already applied it to one cell, then use the Format
Painter icon to copy that format to the other cells.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Tim879" wrote:
Go to format - Conditional Formatting .

if you're trying to format the current cell if it's under 70....
enter Cell Value is < 70

If you're trying for format the current cell if another cell is less
than 70....
enter Formula is =A1<70 *(REPLACE A1 WITH WHAT EVER CELL YOU WANT TO
REVIEW)

then just click on the Format button and set whatever format you want

On May 19, 8:48 am, shamor wrote:
How do I red and bold text on a # in a column if it falls under 70?- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure I am getting this.... I seem to have to do it individually to each
cell. I have 2 conditions in each cell. If between 69 and 1 then red bold
number and if equal to "0" then red fill in. I tried to do format painter and
it's not copying it. It changes the format on the "0" portion fo the
condition to """"---0""""". How do I copy the entire conditioning for that
column? Thank you......

On May 19, 8:48 am, shamor wrote:
How do I red and bold text on a # in a column if it falls under 70?- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Highlight all the cells E3:E200 and then click on Format | Conditional
Formatting and in the first box select Formula Is rather than Cell
Value Is, then enter this formula:

=AND(E30,E3<70)

Click on the Format button and select Red and Bold then OK. Then click
Add, and for your second condition you can select Cell Value Is, Equal
To, 0 (zero), then click the Format button again, Patterns tab and
select your background colour. Then OK your way out and this will now
have been applied to all cells that you highlighted.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 19, 8:48 am, shamor wrote:
How do I red and bold text on a # in a column if it falls under 70?- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have another issue now..... there are cells in the column that are empty
those I don't want formatted differently. I have tried to put in cell value
equal to "0" to fill in red but it does the ones with empty fields. Thank
you!

On May 19, 8:48 am, shamor wrote:
How do I red and bold text on a # in a column if it falls under 70?- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Okay, select all those cells again with E3 as the active cell, and for
your second condition select Formula Is and then enter this formula:

=AND(E3<"",E3=0)

Hope this helps.

Pete