Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using Conditiona l Formatting to flag cells with a date in the pas

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that lists work orders. I was wondering if I could use
conditional formatting to flag any cells that are in past as of the date that
you open the spreadsheet.

Can this be done fairly easily?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
yes
cell value is.....less than......=now()
pick your color.

Regards
FSt1

"Carla" wrote:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that lists work orders. I was wondering if I could use
conditional formatting to flag any cells that are in past as of the date that
you open the spreadsheet.

Can this be done fairly easily?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using Conditiona l Formatting to flag cells with a date in the

THANKS!

Now how about if the date in the cell in column G is less than today and
there isn't any entry in another cell in column B??

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
yes
cell value is.....less than......=now()
pick your color.

Regards
FSt1

"Carla" wrote:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that lists work orders. I was wondering if I could use
conditional formatting to flag any cells that are in past as of the date that
you open the spreadsheet.

Can this be done fairly easily?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Apr 25, 10:06*am, Carla wrote:
THANKS!

Now how about if the date in the cell in column G is less than today and
there isn't any entry in another cell in column B??

"FSt1" wrote:
hi
yes
cell value is.....less than......=now()
pick your color.

Regards
FSt1

"Carla" wrote:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that lists work orders. I was wondering if I could use
conditional formatting to flag any cells that are in past as of the date that
you open the spreadsheet.

Can this be done fairly easily?- Hide quoted text -

You will need a helper column. In this helper column put this
conditional formatting. Put in as Formula =.
=AND(Cell value<TODAY(),$G$X=0)
You can not formatt a cell based on current value and the value of
another cell at the same time.

Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Jay, but I am not doing something right. What does Cell Value in your
formula represent? What is $G$X for?

the cell I want the formula to look at to see if it is blank, is located in
the B column.
the cell that where the date is located is in the H column.

in column C (helper column)
I put: Formula = .......=AND(H4<TODAY(),$G$X=0)

what I want to happen is the cell in Column H to turn red if the date is
less than today and the cell in column B is blank. Sorry for being such a
pain,but if you can help I will be very happy!

"jlclyde" wrote:

On Apr 25, 10:06 am, Carla wrote:
THANKS!

Now how about if the date in the cell in column G is less than today and
there isn't any entry in another cell in column B??

"FSt1" wrote:
hi
yes
cell value is.....less than......=now()
pick your color.

Regards
FSt1

"Carla" wrote:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that lists work orders. I was wondering if I could use
conditional formatting to flag any cells that are in past as of the date that
you open the spreadsheet.

Can this be done fairly easily?- Hide quoted text -

You will need a helper column. In this helper column put this
conditional formatting. Put in as Formula =.
=AND(Cell value<TODAY(),$G$X=0)
You can not formatt a cell based on current value and the value of
another cell at the same time.

Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To check if a cell is blank use

B4=""

So in H4 you can you can use

=AND(H4<TODAY(),B4="")

Replace B4 with whatever cell in column B you want to check, no need for a
help column.

Peo Sjoblom

"jlclyde" wrote:

On Apr 25, 10:06 am, Carla wrote:
THANKS!

Now how about if the date in the cell in column G is less than today
and
there isn't any entry in another cell in column B??

"FSt1" wrote:
hi
yes
cell value is.....less than......=now()
pick your color.

Regards
FSt1

"Carla" wrote:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that lists work orders. I was wondering if I
could use
conditional formatting to flag any cells that are in past as of the
date that
you open the spreadsheet.

Can this be done fairly easily?- Hide quoted text -

You will need a helper column. In this helper column put this
conditional formatting. Put in as Formula =.
=AND(Cell value<TODAY(),$G$X=0)
You can not formatt a cell based on current value and the value of
another cell at the same time.

Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Peo,
Now how do I copy that conditional formatting down the whole column so it
changed the formula for each row (i.e G5, B5, G6, B)? I should know how to
do this but whatever I try doesn't seem to work.

"jlclyde" wrote:

On Apr 25, 10:06 am, Carla wrote:
THANKS!

Now how about if the date in the cell in column G is less than today and
there isn't any entry in another cell in column B??

"FSt1" wrote:
hi
yes
cell value is.....less than......=now()