KimberlyC

Default Date formatting when combining two cells into one

Hi
I have two ranges in my worksheet
One range is called From and contains a date
and the other range is called To and contains a date.
I'm trying to combine the two ranges into one cell on a different worksheet
and I get the number format of the dates instead of the dates taht are shown
in the ranges.

Here is the formula I'm using to combine the dates into one cell
=From&" - "&To
And.. here's the answer I'm getting:
37987 - 38353

How do I get these numbers to show as dates (like 1/1/2004 to 1/1/2005)
I have the cell formated to show as a date..but no luck..

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Kimberly

Frank Kabel

Hi
=TEXT(A1,"MM/DD/YYYY") & " - " & TEXT(B1,"MM/DD/YYYY")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel