Nicolle K.

Default Determine cells that drive conditional formatting?

Example:

Cells A1:A4 have conditional formatting set up that states if they are equal
to cell A10 they will be highlighted yellow.

Is there a way to quickly see what cells drive conditional formatting? In
other words, we can use Edit - Go To Special to see which cells have
conditional formatting applied; however, this doesn't show us that A10 is
involved. Since there isn't a formula directly involved, we can't trace
precedents/dependents. Can we only know that A10 is involved in the
formatting of A1:A4 by selecting those cells and going into the conditional
formatting dialog box? Is there another, faster way?
Bob Phillips

Probably nowhere near the answer you are seeking, but if you use CFPlus
(http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html), that has an
option to highlight the ranges formatted with the tool. You can then click
on the highlighted area to see the formula behind it.

--

HTH

RP

"Nicolle K." wrote in message
Example:

Cells A1:A4 have conditional formatting set up that states if they are

equal
to cell A10 they will be highlighted yellow.

Is there a way to quickly see what cells drive conditional formatting? In
other words, we can use Edit - Go To Special to see which cells have
conditional formatting applied; however, this doesn't show us that A10 is
involved. Since there isn't a formula directly involved, we can't trace
precedents/dependents. Can we only know that A10 is involved in the
formatting of A1:A4 by selecting those cells and going into the

conditional
formatting dialog box? Is there another, faster way?

Dave Peterson

Not quite what you ask, but it's pretty quick...

You can customize your toolbar to have an icon that shows the format|conditional
formatting dialog.

Tools|customize|commands tab|Format category (about half way down in xl2002).

Drag that "conditional formatting..." icon/text to your favorite toolbar.

Select a cell, click that button and escape to dismiss it.

(Not really too bad.)