Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default control toolbox is disabled

I have a dialog box that has some controls on it. I'm not sure what I
changed, or forgot, but last time I worked with this file, I had no problem
adding a couple of controls from the control toolbox, but today I can view
the toolbox, but all the objects are disabled, except for the one that takes
me to 'design' mode. But even in design mode, I can't figure out how to
enable the toolbox. And when I click on an existing control, the properties
window stays blank.

Anyone know what I'm forgetting?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks, the sheet is not protected, at least I don't think it is. I selceted,
Tools..Protection..Protect Sheet - then I went back and unprotected the
sheet, still everything is disabled on the toolbox.

"Andy K" wrote in message
I have a dialog box that has some controls on it. I'm not sure what I
changed, or forgot, but last time I worked with this file, I had no

problem
adding a couple of controls from the control toolbox, but today I can view
the toolbox, but all the objects are disabled, except for the one that

takes
me to 'design' mode. But even in design mode, I can't figure out how to
enable the toolbox. And when I click on an existing control, the

properties
window stays blank.

Anyone know what I'm forgetting?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm having the exact same problem. I didn't protect the workbook,
either. If I create a new workbook I can add controls, no problem.

Any ideas?

--
pjelliffe
pjelliffe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34315

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I was using the wrong toolbox. In the view..toolbars menu, I was selecting
the controls toolbox. Every object in this box was disabled. But then I
selceted the view..toolbars..forms toolbox - this toolbar contained the same
objects as the control toolbox, but these were enabled.

"pjelliffe" wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem. I didn't protect the workbook,
either. If I create a new workbook I can add controls, no problem.

Any ideas?

--
pjelliffe
pjelliffe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34315
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=521918

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, but they're both greyed out. I went into design mode, with both
the Forms and Controls toolbars open, and they are both disabled.

Instead I selected all the sheets and copied them to a new workbook,
and the controls were enabled again.

What is especially strange in my case was that I had added controls a
while ago. I opened up the workbook recently and they were gone. I
thought maybe I didn't save my changes when I added them. But copying
them to a new sheet made them reappear!