Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Formatting?

Greetings all,

I have a pread sheet with a number of cells with a light yellow background
intended to signify the user to manually enter data here.

Once completed, the sheets are printed to a document generator, but I would
like to add an option for the user to remove the yellow background.

Is it possible to make the Background of these cells conditional to a check
box or radio button the user can toggle on/off upon completion of the data
entry, or is there another method I should be using?

Thanks for any advice.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Hayle,
You could use File, Page Setup, Sheet, Print B&W
which will print all text as black and leave out shading.
---
HTH,

"Hayle" wrote in message ...
Greetings all,

I have a pread sheet with a number of cells with a light yellow background
intended to signify the user to manually enter data here.

Once completed, the sheets are printed to a document generator, but I would
like to add an option for the user to remove the yellow background.

Is it possible to make the Background of these cells conditional to a check
box or radio button the user can toggle on/off upon completion of the data
entry, or is there another method I should be using?

Thanks for any advice.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hayle Wrote:
Greetings all,

I have a pread sheet with a number of cells with a light yellow
background
intended to signify the user to manually enter data here.

Once completed, the sheets are printed to a document generator, but I
would
like to add an option for the user to remove the yellow background.

Is it possible to make the Background of these cells conditional to a
check
box or radio button the user can toggle on/off upon completion of the
data
entry, or is there another method I should be using?

Thanks for any advice.

If you're not using a color printer. I don't think you need to remove
conditional formating. If you want to print the yellow backgroud you
can check this check box: menu File -- Page setup -- tab Sheet --
print frame -- check box 'black and white'
== all backgroud color will not be printed (white)
== all fore color will be printed (Black)

--
OverAC
OverAC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32396

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As already suggested print in B&W will do it, but if you have other parts on
your report in color you could use this code to turn the background off and
then on again. Cells shown for example, notice you can use contiguous
ranges of cells and single cells when setting the range required. These
could be assigned to the a print macro so they automatically turn off/on
when you print.

Sub TurnOff()
Range("E14:H14,J17,F25,H25:H29").Interior.ColorInd ex = xlNone
End Sub

Sub TurnOn()
Range("E14:H14,J17,F25,H25:H29").Interior.ColorInd ex = 36

Cheers
Nigel