Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compile error in hidden module

Hello all,

We have developed a VBA-program in Excel 97 which works fine in Excel 2000
and Excel XP but when we test it with Excel 2003 we recieve the error
message
"Compile error in hidden module: Module 1".
Does anyone know the reason to this error message?

Totte

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
XP XP is offline

Hello,

Try opening the Visual Basic Editor, then go to <Tools then <References
and look for missing references. Uncheck them. You may need to locate current
versions of some of them, or it may be okay to just uncheck the missing
ones...

HTH

"Totte" wrote:

Hello all,

We have developed a VBA-program in Excel 97 which works fine in Excel 2000
and Excel XP but when we test it with Excel 2003 we recieve the error
message
"Compile error in hidden module: Module 1".
Does anyone know the reason to this error message?

Totte

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Totte" wrote:

Hello all,

We have developed a VBA-program in Excel 97 which works fine in Excel
2000
and Excel XP but when we test it with Excel 2003 we recieve the error
message
"Compile error in hidden module: Module 1".
Does anyone know the reason to this error message?

Totte

Thanks for the tip!

Totte

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I had the same problem. I found a .XLA -file from Adobe in
the XLSTART folder in OFFICE11. I deleted it and then it worked
fine. It was from an old Adobe Acrobat product.

Thanks for the other tip though

"Totte" wrote:

Hello all,

We have developed a VBA-program in Excel 97 which works fine in Excel
2000
and Excel XP but when we test it with Excel 2003 we recieve the error
message
"Compile error in hidden module: Module 1".
Does anyone know the reason to this error message?

Totte

Thanks for the tip!

Totte

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Totte Wrote:
Hello all,

We have developed a VBA-program in Excel 97 which works fine in Excel
2000
and Excel XP but when we test it with Excel 2003 we recieve the error
message
"Compile error in hidden module: Module 1".
Does anyone know the reason to this error message?

Totte

The references are most likely missing however because it says Hidden
module more than likely the project is protected. does this workbook
email itself or anything. as a lot of time it has a reference to
outlook say 2000 or xp then you try 97 it does not recognise it. you
will find if you have the complete package of office 2000 and xp. if
you run the workbook on 2000 save the file open it on xp it save it
then try open the file again in 2000 you should get the same message
this is because it can upgrade the references but not the downgrade
them.

hope this helps as i have had similar problems with a workbook which
emails data off.

--
funkymonkUK
funkymonkUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18135