Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default compile error in hidden module

Hello this started today when I closed excel I got the message
"Compile error in Hidden module Dist Mon
I selected help and this is what I got

Compile error in hidden module: <module name

A protected module can't be displayed. This error has the following cause
and solution:

There is a compilation error in the code of the specified module, but it
can't be displayed because the project is protected.
Unprotect the project, and then run the code again to view the error.

For additional information, select the item in question and press F1(in
Windows) or HELP (on the Macintosh).

How do I know which protected mdoule ? How do I fix this error?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have any addins installed? If so, goto ToolsAddins and uncheck one
of them, then check it again and see if you get the message. Then try
another and so on until you get the message and thus know which one it is
in.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Wanna Learn" wrote in message
Hello this started today when I closed excel I got the message
"Compile error in Hidden module Dist Mon
I selected help and this is what I got

Compile error in hidden module: <module name

A protected module can't be displayed. This error has the following cause
and solution:

There is a compilation error in the code of the specified module, but it
can't be displayed because the project is protected.
Unprotect the project, and then run the code again to view the error.

For additional information, select the item in question and press F1(in
Windows) or HELP (on the Macintosh).

How do I know which protected mdoule ? How do I fix this error?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

THanks for your help I have quite a few add ins. I deselected one at a
time and closed excel - open excel and slelected the same one again and
deselected the next one. I even deselected all of then and I still get the
same message compile error in hidden module Dist Mon What did I do wrong?
Again Thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Take a look he

OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Start
Word or Excel

It points at PDFMaker.xla as being the culprit.

Wanna Learn wrote:

Hello this started today when I closed excel I got the message
"Compile error in Hidden module Dist Mon
I selected help and this is what I got

Compile error in hidden module: <module name

A protected module can't be displayed. This error has the following cause
and solution:

There is a compilation error in the code of the specified module, but it
can't be displayed because the project is protected.
Unprotect the project, and then run the code again to view the error.

For additional information, select the item in question and press F1(in
Windows) or HELP (on the Macintosh).

How do I know which protected mdoule ? How do I fix this error?
Thanks

--

Dave Peterson