Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default compile error in hidden module

I also moved the folder onto the desk top re-started Exel and all worked fine
on start up and close Thanks for your help

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Depending on your upgrade path through excel, you could have multiple XLStart
folders.

I'm still betting my money that you have that addin in one of those XLStart
folders.

Close excel
windows start button|search/find
look for pdf*.xla (just in case the name isn't always the same)

If (when!) you find it, move it somewhere else and see what happens when you
start excel the next time.

Sammie wrote:

OK, just to check: I go tools, add-ins, and nothing is checked.
Nothing is in my XLstart folder.
Thanks for any more new ideas.
Sammie

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
if you have disabled all your addins (and you may double-check this)
also check if you have any files in your XLStart folder

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Sammie wrote:
Nope - this is the kb article I already tried with no joy. I need a
new suggestion. What is autoexecnew and distmon? Is there a visual
basic hidden module? I have disabled all my add-ins. This problem
isn't a show-stopper, but it's been going on for months and it's very
annoying. I will appreciate new ideas. Thanks. Sammie

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

maybe:

OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Start
Word or Excel

It points at PDFMaker.xla as being the culprit.

Sammie wrote:

Every time I open Excel 2003, I get the error: "compile error in
hidden module: AutoExecNew" and on closing, I get the error:
"compile error in hidden module: DistMon". I have read your
knowledge base article on the subject and also searched newsgroups.
Recommended solutions all point to pdfmaker.xla. I have already
deleted all the pdfmaker files but I still get the errors. What
next? Thanks. Sammie

--

Dave Peterson

--