Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default compile error in hidden module

I installed Nitro pdf pro and now when I open excel or word, I get a compile
error in hidden module dialog box. There tech support is no help. If I
uninstall excel through add/remove programs and then reinstall excel will
that get rid of the error problem on open and close?

Thanks,

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Uninstall/reinstall should be your last resort. Instead, go to the
Tools menu, choose Add-Ins, and uncheck the item for "Nitro PDF". Then
close and restart Excel. This will likely solve the problem, but you
will not be able to use the add-in.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 14:22:05 -0700, mikesteven
wrote:

I installed Nitro pdf pro and now when I open excel or word, I get a compile
error in hidden module dialog box. There tech support is no help. If I
uninstall excel through add/remove programs and then reinstall excel will
that get rid of the error problem on open and close?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nitro.pdf may have stuck an add-in file into your Office\XLSTART folder

I know Adobe PDFWriter will do this.

Drill down to your XLSTART folder and if there is a Nitro.XLA file, move it
out of there and into your Office\Library folder.

May also be a Nitro.DOT file since Word is being affected

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates

where username is yours.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP