Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compile error in hidden module

I made macro program using Exel 2000 in MS 2000
Professional OS and installed in XP OS but got error
message: compile error in hidden moduleX when opened the
program.
Please help me.

Thanks,
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Paul" wrote in message
I made macro program using Exel 2000 in MS 2000
Professional OS and installed in XP OS but got error
message: compile error in hidden moduleX when opened the
program.
Please help me.

Hi Paul,

This error is being caused by a malfunctioning Excel program that is being
loaded when Excel starts up. There are two places where a program workbook
could potentially be running from. Here's how to find them and get rid of
them:

1) Select Tools/Add-ins from the Excel menu.

2) In the Add-Ins dialog, uncheck every add-in that has a checkmark beside
it, make note of the names of the add-ins you uncheck, then click OK.

3) Close Excel, then using Windows Explorer, navigate to your XLStart
directory. If you installed Office to its default location, this will be:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart

In Windows XP, there's an additional start directory you need to check
located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

Where <username is the username you're logged in as.

4) If there are any files in the XLStart directory, move them another
location temporarily (don't rename them and leave them there, it won't
work).

Once you've done all this, restart Excel and the problem should be gone. To
determine exactly which program file was causing the problem, add them back
one at a time, restarting Excel each time until you get the error again.
When that occurs, whichever one you added last is the culprit.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Hi Rob,
Forgot on thing: It works on XP but not on XP professional.
Thanks,
Paul
I did what you mentioned but still got the error message.
Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Paul

[...]

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Paul,

OK, I may have been confused here. Is the VBA project of your program
password protected? If so, remove the password protection and then try to
open it on XP Pro. The error message should then be able to take you to the
offending line of code.