Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default change value on a form

hi everyone.

i have a function that i want to run everytime the user change a value from
all textboxes included on a form. i don´t want to put code on every
textbox,i´m asking if is that any way that once the user input a value on one
textbox i run a function.have the forms a change event or similar that let me
do this?

thanks in advance
Miguel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Private Sub TextBox1_Change()
myCommonMacro
End Sub

etc., or else youy can modify John Walkenbach's technique shown here

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Liedson31" wrote in message
hi everyone.

i have a function that i want to run everytime the user change a value

from
all textboxes included on a form. i don´t want to put code on every
textbox,i´m asking if is that any way that once the user input a value on

one
textbox i run a function.have the forms a change event or similar that let

me
do this?

thanks in advance
Miguel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks bob....
the John Walkenbach's technique works perfectly with the command button..but
if i try to change it,to have a group of textboxes..it gives me a error..

instead of
Public WithEvents ButtonGroup As CommandButton
Public WithEvents TextBoxGroup As TextBox

"Liedson31" wrote in message
hi everyone.

i have a function that i want to run everytime the user change a value

from
all textboxes included on a form. i don´t want to put code on every
textbox,i´m asking if is that any way that once the user input a value on

one
textbox i run a function.have the forms a change event or similar that let

me
do this?

thanks in advance
Miguel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks Bob

John Walkenbach's technique works fine and it's what i´m looking for...but
with textboxes!
instead of - Public WithEvents ButtonGroup As CommandButton
i put - Public WithEvents TextBoxGroup As TextBox

and it gives me an "object does not source automation events"
can you help me with this once more please.

thanks in advance
Miguel

"Liedson31" wrote in message
hi everyone.

i have a function that i want to run everytime the user change a value

from
all textboxes included on a form. i don´t want to put code on every
textbox,i´m asking if is that any way that once the user input a value on

one
textbox i run a function.have the forms a change event or similar that let

me
do this?

thanks in advance
Miguel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sorry Bob my previous doubt....i already did the adjustment that John talk
about
i forgot the part MsForms.TextBox.
Now i have all the textboxes grouped...
the question is....i try instead of command_click the
private Sub TextBoxGroup_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
--here i have the code
end sub

but it never enters here,can you help me?
thanks
Miguel

"Liedson31" wrote in message
hi everyone.

i have a function that i want to run everytime the user change a value

from
all textboxes included on a form. i don´t want to put code on every
textbox,i´m asking if is that any way that once the user input a value on

one
textbox i run a function.have the forms a change event or similar that let

me
do this?

thanks in advance
Miguel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Exit isn't an event of the textbox. It is an event of the control (the
container for the textbox). You can't use John's method with the container
events.

Perhaps you can use one of the textbox events to trigger appropriately.

Tom Ogilvy

"Liedson31" wrote in message
hi everyone.

i have a function that i want to run everytime the user change a value

from
all textboxes included on a form. i don´t want to put code on every
textbox,i´m asking if is that any way that once the user input a value

on
one
textbox i run a function.have the forms a change event or similar that

let
me
do this?

thanks in advance
Miguel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This method does not support the Exit event for textboxes. You need to go
into the calls module and see what events are supported.

This is the code that I used

Class Module

Public WithEvents TextBoxGroup As MSForms.TextBox

Private Sub TextBoxGroup_Change()
MsgBox "hello"
End Sub

Standard Module

Dim TextBoxes() As New Class1

Sub ShowDialog()
Dim TextBoxCount As Integer
Dim ctl As Control

' Create the Button objects
TextBoxCount = 0
For Each ctl In UserForm1.Controls
If TypeName(ctl) = "TextBox" Then
TextBoxCount = TextBoxCount + 1
ReDim Preserve TextBoxes(1 To TextBoxCount)
Set TextBoxes(TextBoxCount).TextBoxGroup = ctl
End If
Next ctl
UserForm1.Show

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Liedson31" wrote in message
hi everyone.

i have a function that i want to run everytime the user change a value

from
all textboxes included on a form. i don´t want to put code on every
textbox,i´m asking if is that any way that once the user input a value

on
one
textbox i run a function.have the forms a change event or similar that

let
me
do this?

thanks in advance
Miguel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

THANKS VERY MUCH BOTH ,Bob and Tom
That works perfectly...i don´t notice the support methods,with the change or
the keypress method, solves my problem.

Miguel

"Liedson31" wrote in message
hi everyone.

i have a function that i want to run everytime the user change a value
from
all textboxes included on a form. i don´t want to put code on every
textbox,i´m asking if is that any way that once the user input a value

on
one
textbox i run a function.have the forms a change event or similar that

let
me
do this?

thanks in advance
Miguel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Bob and others,

This was a very usefull tip.

I would like to add a possibly usefull comment:
You can modify the:
For Each ctl In UserForm1.Controls
For Each ctl In UserForm1.Frame1.Controls
to make a selection of Controls on a Userform, i.e. those that are within
Frame1.

Regards,
Jan Bart