Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Default Enable change only with Form?

I am using a UserForm to populate fields in a worksheet. The user fills in
the fields in the Form and clicks the Enter Data button; the information is
then transferred to the next available row in the sheet. I'd like to
protect the data from being able to be changed unless the user opens a
separate Edit Data Form.

What would be the best way to accomplish this? Through the SheetChange
event? Some setting of protection? What would you recommend?

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Since data entry is made only through the form, would it make sense and save
steps to unprotect and unlock in Form_Initialize, and lock and protect on
Terminate? Or are there reasons I would want to do it on each data line
entry?

Ed