Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Balance Sheet Formals

I feel stipid and I hope someone can help me. I taking
care of spome mail while they are on vacation. I have
receiving money and also paying money for them. I got it
also setup but I cannot get the minus to come up the last
line.
This what I want it some can help.
Date Item Dec Rec Pay Balance
1/18 JC 126.21 -126.21
1/18 Lottery 8.00 -134.21
1/29 Rec Check 10.00 -124.21

This is what would like to do.
MS has a template but it is not big enough.
Thanks
Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It appears that you want the 10.00 figure in the last line to APPEAR as minus
10.00
(-10.00) since the Balance column is 10 less than the previous amount.

In reality the 10.00 is already a negative number, but does not APPEAR as
negative. To change this so numbers in the 3rd and 4th column will APPEAR as
possitive or negative as appropriate, select those 2 columns, then click on
FORMATCELLSNUMBER tab and select one of the formats that shows both
positive and negative figures.

"TC" wrote:

I feel stipid and I hope someone can help me. I taking
care of spome mail while they are on vacation. I have
receiving money and also paying money for them. I got it
also setup but I cannot get the minus to come up the last
line.
This what I want it some can help.
Date Item Dec Rec Pay Balance

balance sheet sw New Users to Excel 5 January 26th 09 01:09 AM
Formals with IF and Then Cyrus Excel Worksheet Functions 5 February 22nd 06 08:28 PM
barcode- formals help please mantha09 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 1st 05 01:02 PM
Balance sheet plowleg Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 November 7th 05 01:38 PM
A balance sheet Ida Lundberg Excel Worksheet Functions 3 January 28th 05 11:52 PM