-   -   Balance Sheet Formals (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/323931-balance-sheet-formals.html)

TC[_5_]

Balance Sheet Formals

I feel stipid and I hope someone can help me. I taking
care of spome mail while they are on vacation. I have
receiving money and also paying money for them. I got it
also setup but I cannot get the minus to come up the last
line.
This what I want it some can help.
Date Item Dec Rec Pay Balance
1/18 JC 126.21 -126.21
1/18 Lottery 8.00 -134.21
1/29 Rec Check 10.00 -124.21

This is what would like to do.
MS has a template but it is not big enough.
Thanks
Tom

gocush[_29_]

Balance Sheet Formals

It appears that you want the 10.00 figure in the last line to APPEAR as minus
10.00
(-10.00) since the Balance column is 10 less than the previous amount.

In reality the 10.00 is already a negative number, but does not APPEAR as
negative. To change this so numbers in the 3rd and 4th column will APPEAR as
possitive or negative as appropriate, select those 2 columns, then click on
FORMATCELLSNUMBER tab and select one of the formats that shows both
positive and negative figures.

"TC" wrote:

I feel stipid and I hope someone can help me. I taking
care of spome mail while they are on vacation. I have
receiving money and also paying money for them. I got it
also setup but I cannot get the minus to come up the last
line.
This what I want it some can help.
Date Item Dec Rec Pay Balance