Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mantha09

Default barcode- formals help please

when i scan our barcodes on our products it displays the product numbers in
excel, how do i then set up a formal in excel to equal the product name when
the product numbers are entered?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

Hi,

with vlookup, as

=VLOOKUP(A1,E:F,2,FALSE)

where A1 was your scan, and E1 onwards was a list of product codes, and
F1 onwards a list of matching names.

These are usually on another sheet, so:

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!E:F,2,FALSE)

works better.

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=489763

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mantha09

Hi

thanks for your help but i still cant get it right!!

this is a sample of what i have-
barcode code Product Name
55663320 000 Can of coke
55663322 001 Can of sprite

what i want execel to do is when i scan the barcode number in the sperdsheet
the product name will rekonise the number and automactily enter the product
name.

is this possibly?