Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Inserting items into the Paste Special Dialog box

Is it possible to add controls to the paste special dialog box? For
example, could i add an Operation (i could put it under "divide")?
Could i add some more options to the Paste section, like below
"&Comments", and then trap the "OK" button click event so that I can
execute the proper code?

If not, i guess the best way would be to replicate that form in code and
add what i need, and override the default action of the paste special
menu button.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok. I have started to create my own paste special dialog box, but these
is one problem. WIth the real dialog box, you can do "Alt, e, s, v" to
paste special by value. But with mine, you have to press "Alt, e, s,
Alt v", because just pressing "v" does not activate any of the controls.

The only way i've thought of around this problem is to find the key
ascii value for each of the accelerators for the controls, and trap each
control's KeyDown event and write the code that would activate the
proper control by searching for the control with the accelerator equal
to the key pressed. Is there an easier way around this?