Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Paste Special Dialog Not Correct

Hi.

I have a problem at work which goes like this:

When copying imported data from an excel file to another excel file I
get the "funny" paste special dialog from word and other
office-programs, not the regular one were I can choose "Values, column
width..and so on".

We are using Excel 2000.
Have verified its only data thats being copied, from excel, no
pictures, objects or anything.
When pasting, we have tried to paste to empty new file, and existing
files.

Now here comes the funny thing. We try a new file and copy from this,
then it works fine. So I jumped to the conclusion that "It must be
something wrong with the file we are using in the first place" Well
unfortunatelly I cant conclude that as final since:

The original file doesn't work on two machines (both running Office
2000 SP1), but it does work on a third one running the same office and
servicepatch. I have also been able to try one machine running Office
2000 SP3 and there it works as well. So the file doesn't seem to be the
source of this problem?

Im kind of baffled...any tips?

Oh and lastly, saying: Just upgrade the problem-computers to SP3 is not
the first thing that I can do unless I get it in black and white from
microsoft, since the first machine having this trouble is an extremely
critical machine that interacts through excel with external system on a
national level.