Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
R Avery R Avery is offline

Default Inserting items into the Paste Special Dialog box

Ok. I have started to create my own paste special dialog box, but these
is one problem. WIth the real dialog box, you can do "Alt, e, s, v" to
paste special by value. But with mine, you have to press "Alt, e, s,
Alt v", because just pressing "v" does not activate any of the controls.

The only way i've thought of around this problem is to find the key
ascii value for each of the accelerators for the controls, and trap each
control's KeyDown event and write the code that would activate the
proper control by searching for the control with the accelerator equal
to the key pressed. Is there an easier way around this?

Tom Ogilvy wrote:

No. when the ok button is clicked, to the best of my knowledge there is no
way to determine what selections the user has made. The choices are simply
executed.